If you have booked with us, you will receive an email with the booking confirmation as well as rental agreement that you will need to sign, date and return via email. This will confirm your reservation and queue you in to receive your directions and lockbox code to the rental.
We have created a set of policies to best meet the needs of both our vacationing guests and to preserve our home as best as possible. As a Guest of the home, we thank you ahead of time for taking good care of this home, as we take pride in providing you a clean, comfortable and well maintained
rental for you to enjoy for your vacation.
By confirming your reservation you have read, understood, and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
1. RATES: Advertised rental rates are based on a minimum of (1) night with arrival time after 4:00 PM and departure before 11:00 AM.
2. PAYMENT/CONFIRMATION: A reservation is considered confirmed upon Owner receipt of the Rental Agreement signed by the Guest and a confirmation payment which consists of either the full deposit or Total Rental Payment.
If a Confirmation Payment is not received within five (5) days after your reservation has been temporarily confirmed, then the reservation shall be canceled and apartment reassigned.
3. FINAL PAYMENT: A Final Payment, consisting of the balance of the Total Rent Payment, Fees, Taxes and the Security Deposit, is due as stated in the booking confirmation.
4. ARRIVAL: Please plan to arrive after 4:00 PM on your first date of occupation. A key will be provided in the lock box. Please inspect the apartment carefully. Damages found should be reported within 24 hours of arrival.
5. CANCELLATIONS: If it is necessary to cancel reservations, please notify us as soon as possible. If a cancellation is made prior to thirty (30) calendar days from the arrival date, a full refund will be returned. For cancellations with less than thirty (30) days notice, no refund of payment will be given. No refunds will be made for unused days or early departures.
However, we will try to re-rent the apartment. If the apartment is re-rented at the same rate for the entire period of your original reservation, at no loss to the owner, then Guest will receive the balance of the advance Payment. All refunds will be made within 30 days of receipt of the re-rented advance Confirmation Payment. If the apartment is not re-rented, no refund shall be paid. If possible, a good faith effort may also be made to arrange another acceptable date. If, for any reason, the Owner cancels a confirmed reservation or the Property is rendered uninhabitable, other than as a result of a default by Guest or an invitee of Guest, the Owner will refund deposit and balance of Guest.
6. GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES: Guests accept responsibility for and agree to abide by the terms and conditions contained herein, and all requirements and instructions delineated in the DEPARTURE PROCEDURES. Our neighbors appreciate the QUIET nature of the Floras Lake and we require that all Guests abide by our neighbor’s wishes.
7. PETS ARE FORBIDDEN: (unless approved prior by owner) and will result in eviction and forfeiture of all monies. We will always approve guide dogs for the hearing and visually impaired.
8. NO SMOKING: Any guest violating the owner’s No Smoking rule may cause all guests to be evicted with forfeiture of all monies paid. Smoking includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc. If our inspection or housekeeper detects at departure the presence of smoke or cigarette butts in the apartment, the full security deposit may be forfeited. However, smoking outside is allowed.
9. OCCUPANCY: Our rental rates are based upon max four people. Children are counted in total occupancy unless they are under the age of two. OVER-OCCUPANCY IS CONSIDERED A SERIOUS VIOLATION OF YOUR LEASE, and we will deny access or have the premises vacated with NO refund of monies.
10. ADULTS AND FAMILIES ONLY: This is a Friendly residence, and our desire and preference is to rent to couples and family groups only. We do not rent to persons less than 25 years of age. We reserve the right to require official picture identification showing date of birth of each occupant and/or guest.
11. SUBLETTING: Guests shall not assign or sublet or grant any concession or license to use the apartment or any part of the property to another party.
12. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the premises.
13. DAMAGES: Guests making the reservation shall be liable for any and all damages to the apartment and its contents. The property is well maintained and clean, however, just like your own home, unexpected breakdowns can occur. All efforts will be made to correct any problems you might experience in a timely manner, however, refunds cannot be made.
14. INDEMNITY: The Guest will indemnify and save harmless the Owner and the agents of Owner from any and all damage, loss, expense, claim, action or liability of any kind whatsoever, or howsoever caused including, without limitation, a claim of any kind by any member of the Guest party (including those of minor children), which arises from or relates in any way to the use or occupation of the property by the Guest, members of the Guest party or by invitees of the Guest. The Guest is responsible for any damage of any kind to the property caused or contributed to by the Guest, members of the Guest party or by invitees of the Guest. The fact that children are permitted on the Property does not imply that the Property is without risk to children.
The Owner is not responsible for any accidents that may occur while using the dock, being in the lake or anywhere near the water.
15. INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY There will be no refund due to a storm.
16. FIREPLACE (Main House): The fireplaces and wooden stove are for firewood and paper only. Please bring your own firewood. Follow the safety rules in the instruction pamphlet. Don’t use the fireplace longer than 3 hours at a time.
17. INSURANCE: Vacation and trip interruption or cancellation insurance is available from many insurance carriers and is highly recommended for guests to consider for protecting their investment. A website we suggest for cancellation insurance coverage is www.insuremytrip.com, or you can call their toll free number at 1-(800) 487-4722, here you can shop for different rates from different companies.
18. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND: The Owners shall not be responsible for articles left in the house, or theft of any kind. If a guest requests us to attempt to locate and mail any forgotten articles, we will make a good faith effort to return any items (see Departure information).
19. PARKING: Parking is limited to 2 vehicles for the main house and one vehicle for the apartment as well as guesthouse. Additional parking spaces on the top of the property.
20. ROUTINE REPAIRS: It may be necessary for us to enter the house during reasonable hours (8:00AM to 5:00PM) to service equipment or to perform minor repairs. Except for monthly pest control, notice may be provided, should this be necessary.
21. SECURITY DEPOSIT: Reservations require a refundable security deposit with your final payment. The security deposit shall be returned back to you within 7 days of the Checkout Date provided there is no damage, the unit is left in a basic-clean condition and all keys have been returned. If a problem is determined to exist (repairs, extra-ordinary cleaning, etc.), then we will send you a letter or email explaining the nature of the problem(s), and the costs to resolve the problem(s). This will be deducted from the security deposit. If anything in the house is damaged during your stay, please let us know before you leave.
22. DEPARTURE: Please plan to leave the remises no later than 11:00AM on your departure date. Guests are responsible for maintaining and leaving the rental in a CLEANLY, NEAT and UNDAMAGED order as described below in DEPARTURE PROCEDURES. For the convenience of guests, the house has cleaning items (vacuum, broom, mop, bucket, etc.) and a small quantity of cleaning supplies for spills and small messes. Please note that if any work over and above the routine setup/ preparation is necessary, a fee will be made against your Security Deposit. We will make a good faith effort to return any items left behind, but we shall not be responsible for your items left in the house, so please check closets, dresser drawers, etc. for personal belongings. Please take good care of the house during your stay, as we wish to return the entire Security Deposit.
23. DEPARTURE PROCEDURES
(a) Empty all garbage to trash can outside. Separate recyclable from garbage and place in grey bins in front of the house. Trash collection is every two weeks. DO NOT move Trash Can. (b) return all dishes into the shelves, wash your pots and pans and load remaining dishes in the dishwasher and start it running. (c) Clean grates on BBQ if you used it. (d) Return all household items, equipment, furniture including outdoor furniture and cushions to original locations and configurations.
Turn off all lights, heating as well as electrical appliances, and secure and lock all doors and windows. Make sure you leave the key in the lockbox for the next guest. In advance, we thank you for your assistance and cooperation, particularly on the behalf of our guests who will follow you!
24. VISITING GUESTS: Guest(s) are allowed for NO longer than 6 hours. Over occupancy is a serious violation of the lease, and the owners reserve the right to deny access or to have the premises vacated with no refund of monies. Only the following persons will occupy the premises: [You must list every person including all children that will be in the property.]